Monday, July 21, 2008

See?!?!

I actually DID make something! I've just been too lazy to post about it. Here is my finished Coffee Cup Cloth and I must say I am uber proud. I had to find something to do in order to keep me busy, but also distracted from some of this wedding stuff. It's 18 days away. That clock is just a'ticking away and I sometimes need a little bit of a break so I can relax. I gave this cloth to a friend of mine from town here who also loves coffee as much as I do. She'd mentioned to me before that she'd received a knitted dishcloth as a wedding gift about 5 years ago, and she still had it because it was the only one she had, and didn't know how to make them herself. So as my inspiration to pick the needles back up, I made it for her, and even better, she was inspired after getting it to learn how to knit herself! So that was wicked cool.

I've also made a butterfly one (go figure), and in honor of my lovely husband-to-be I am starting on a "Big Rig" one as well. He claims to want to actually put it IN his truck. I don't know if he really will... but at least he is humoring me, right?!

4 comments:

Nan said...

Yay!

Kathy said...

IT LOOKS GREAT. SO PROUD OF YOU. I KNOW YOUR FRIEND WAS SO PROUD OF IT. ENJOY WHAT TIME YOU HAVE BEFORE THE WEDDING.

Wendy said...

Was just on Hunny Bunny's blog -
congrats on committing matrimony!
Love the washcloth...

Nan said...

you've been tagged with a meme and given a blogging award... ;)