Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Renovated Cabinet

Over the Labor Day weekend, my family came over for a cookout. And they came bearing gifts. It was funny, because we were jam-packed on the way home from the honeymoon, with all of our suitcases, wedding gifts, 2 kids and a chihuahua in tow, that we couldn't get everything in one trip. So alot was left behind, like my bouquets, our toasting flutes, pictures, etc. All the stuff they brought practically filled up my living room and I left it there for the better part of the day trying to figure out what to do with it.

I had this china type cabinet that fits in the corner of my living room, that was just kinda hanging around. There were a few odd and end pictures from over the years, and half empty bottles of liquor that were just sitting there. I tried to make it look nice, but I had nothing to put in it that I felt would make it look "elegant" cause that's what I felt this cabinet deserves.

So this is what I did with it. The bouquets from the wedding I had leftover and our reception flutes are in the top along with two beautiful teacups I received as a gift from my Aunt. In the bottom half is the bottle of wine we got from the lady who performed the ceremony, and a few of the candles from the centerpieces of the reception tables. I also have the portraits from the table where the guest book was. I think it looks nice, makes this old cabinet have some new life to it, filled with something very special, a cabinet full of memories.

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

What a great cabinet. Love your flowers.

Nan said...

I wondered what you would do with it all! Glad you found a special place for it, it really looks nice!