Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Sentimental Project

So as I posted earlier, a very dear friend of mine is having a baby. About 5 months ago I found this really cute pattern called The Sunny Baby Blanket and I couldn't wait to get started.

I got to work on it right away. The yellow of this blanket is just too adorable and I couldn't wait to get it going, looking at patterns and stuff was alot of fun for me. At the time, my husband and I were expecting our first child together. So it was going to be my first project. In April though, I put it away. We lost the baby and I couldn't bear to look at it. I knew it was there, and I knew that I was going to finish it. I couldn't figure out when, or who I'd make it for. I wasn't sure if I was going to pull it out again for myself, or if I was going to finish it, and maybe donate it to a hospital NICU.... I knew I was going to do something with it. When I found out that my friend was pregnant, and got to thinking about what I wanted to make for her, the blanket came into my mind again. And after alot of thought I decided that I wanted to make it for her. She was very supportive for me during my time of need, and not only that, but she and her husband have tried for a very long time to get pregnant, and I knew she understood the pain it can bring. I feel like there's no one more special for me to give this blanket to. Even though the bit of work I've done on it in the past week or so has been somewhat saddening, it's been a real cathardic process for me, and I can't wait to get it done. I know she will love it. Just as much as I love her. She already knows the meaning of it and I can't think of a better reason to finish something that means so much to me.


Here's what I've got done so far. It's not much, but I've really just gotten started on it. But here is the beginnings of my gift for little miss Eliza Ann Marie.

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

What a great idea. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Tiffany said...

I bet it's going to be beautiful, what a lucky little baby!

Anonymous said...

You've got me freakin' tearing up. Damn these hormones!! Damn you for being so sweet!!!
Love, Heather