Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cell Phones, Blonde Moments, and Crocheting

It's no secret that society today revolves around cell phones.  One of my pet peeves is when someone is yakking on their cell phone, oblivious to anything and/or everything.  Like when you're weaving down the road texting.  Or pushing your shopping cart at snail speed right in the middle of the aisle with your phone glued to your head, standing right in front of the one thing I went in to get.  It never fails.  Another one is when someone is on their cell phone completely IGNORING their children.  Gah, that totally gets on my nerves!  It's bad enough that so many parents don't give their children the attention they need and deserve.  It's even worse when you're ignoring them and they're running around causing havoc in every direction and you don't even care.  

Liv had dance class this evening.  This is the first class after Christmas break, and before vacation they informed us that the Tuesday and Thursday classes would be switching days.  No problem.  Well come to find out nobody showed up Tuesday, because they didn't pay attention, and all of Liv's class plus the normal Thursday group showed up!  Well, while I was in my car, enjoying my pitiful hour of peace and quiet, a lady pulled up in her minivan next to me.  I see four kids file out of the van, and three of them (all boys) proceed to start running around in every which way.  The lone girl takes her bag and heads into the building.  About two minutes later she comes back out.  "Mom" she says.. "Mom!  MOM!" -- Mom doesn't answer.  While her three boys are running around into the street weaving around parked cars and her daughter is yelling her name, she is, you guessed it... YAKKING ON HER CELL PHONE.  Doesn't even bother to look up.  Her daughter goes back in, and then comes back out a few minutes later, to do the same thing.  After almost 20 minutes, Mom finally gets off her phone.  Daughter then tells her that class is Tuesday now, and they are there on the wrong day.  She has the nerve to get MAD at her daughter for not telling her sooner!  The nerve!  I was so irritated at that.  How could you be so oblivious to what is going on and then blame it on your no-older-than 12 year old child?  

Some people just push my buttons.

Now on to my blonde moment.  Across the street from said Dance Class, there is this restaurant. I have always stared at the name of this place, knowing it's a play on words but not quite getting it.  "Dine 'n' Crewe".  Crewe being the name of the town this is in.  I always stare at it.  "Dine IN Crewe? Dine and Cruise?"  Never got it.  Then it finally dawned on me after almost 5 months of staring at it every week.  DINING CREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Duhhhhhhhhhh.......  I love it when I feel super smart.

And as for the crocheting part of the title, I have learned how to crochet!  I am SOOOO excited.  It's been fun, and I picked it up way sooner than I would've ever expected.  I'm so proud of myself.  I am sticking to my New Years Resolution and trying new things.  I think this will be fun!!  


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Those are my pet peeves too! Or how about when you're standing in the aisle looking at something, and someone comes between you and that said something and proceeds to just stand there! UM HELLO?????
rude rude rude...
Congrats on learning to crochet, I love it! My favorite magazine is Crochet Today, the layout and patterns are great!

Mom IsAmagpie said...

Um, hello stop yakking on your cellphone while you're bleaching that hair to post some pics. LOL I crack myself up. Seriously on to pictures...
H