Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Crocheting and Super Cute Babies!!


So I posted already that I was learning how to crochet, and as much as I love knitting, I have a newfound passion for crocheting.  It is soooo much faster than knitting.  I started this baby blanket that I found via Ravelry two weeks ago, and had it finished in one week!  I was so thrilled, and needless to say I gave this blanket to baby Eliza since the ominous yellow blanket is still light years away from being finished.  Both my best friend and I are partial to the "alternative" type look so I decided instead of doing the normal pale colors, to make the blanket hot pink with a black border.  It looked great, and she loved it, which is even better!

Over the long weekend I got to meet Miss Eliza and she is the most precious little thing I've ever seen!  She was adorable, and of course she is, given who her Mommy and Daddy are!  Mom and baby are doing great, and I was sad to have to go.  But it was a wonderful weekend, and I couldn't be more happy to have gotten the opportunity to go.  Here's a picture of the finished blanket and then another with Miss Eliza...



That's about it for now.  I have tons of pictures of other stuff and more blogs to write so instead of cramming it all into this one blog I'll space it out so I look like I have lots of interesting things to say.... HAHA.


2 comments:

Nan said...

Oh! She is adorable, you'll have to let me have the left over yarn so I can make her that skull cap in a baby size! LOL!

I just KNEW you would like crocheting if you tried it, see? Some times Momma does know best! Love ya girly!

Mom IsAmagpie said...

Isn't crocheting great? So quick..
I LOVE the colors but oh my gosh, cutie baby!!!!