Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Invitations Galore

As I mentioned before, I am getting married this August. It is a new chapter in my previously turned-upside-down life that I am SO ready to get started. I am getting married at this adorable country setting chapel in the town where my parents live. This is a new experience for me. I have only been to one wedding before, and I think I was around 8 years old at the time. I barely remember it, and I am not sure how things work. But, I'm researching it, asking my friends lots of questions, and am doing a total DIY wedding. So far it's proven to be hectic, but it is very rewarding to see what I've been able to do. Only two things involved in the wedding I have no part in making, which are my flower bouquets and of course, my dress. But to start it all off, I thought I'd show off the invitations I've done.





To start I thought I would show the RSVP cards I made. We are having a butterfly-themed wedding. Purples, and Periwinkle. A perfect summer blend if I do say so myself. With some plain cardstock I managed to find a cute butterfly stamp at Michael's along with a few different color dyes. I stamped a butterfly on each one and then printed them off on my computer.


Here are the actual invitations. Once again, my friend Michael's and I went to work. I found plain cardstock that was pre-creased so all I needed to do was fold it in half. I tried to take a picture so you can see the butterflies on the front as well as a smidge of the font inside to see how they turned out. I think they look pretty good, considering I made them completely by hand at home with just some rubber stamps and my computer.
It's been quite alot of work at times, and lord knows a few of these puppies made their way to the trash can, after being balled up and tossed to the floor when I made a mistake. But a good majority of them survived and I am so stoked. Now I'm just waiting on those RSVP cards to start coming back to me!
I'll have tons more to post soon. Alot more is being made by me and my awesome mother who has been a ton of help.
Keep coming back!

2 comments:

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I can vouch for their fabulousness! You are doing a wonderful job sweetie!

Indigo Blue said...

I did the invitations etc for my wedding. You will get alot of satisfaction when you see it all come together on the big day. Best of luck.
Visited via your mum.