Monday, June 16, 2008

Flowers Flowers Everywhere

Alright. I didn't make these. BUT... I had to show off how beautiful I think they are. I finally got them today and I couldn't be more excited how they turned out. They are everything I wanted them to be! I found this lady after days, and weeks of searching for someone to make my bouquets. I'm crafty to a degree, and with this whole DIY wedding thing I've wanted to make alot of things. But, sadly, I do not have the patience, talent, or sanity to make the flower bouquets. As much as I'd love to make everything, I can't. Not to mention the flowers are so very important to me the last thing I wanted to do was mess them up!

Anyway, Kimberly over at Kimberly Renee Creations made these beautiful bouquets for me. If anyone is looking for silk flowers, go to her! She was absolutely GREAT to work with and I am very glad I chose to work with her. Her stuff is gorgeous, and her prices are soooo reasonable. This second picture of the stem she decorated isn't as great, my flash went kinda weird on me. It's still beautiful though.


So now, on to the flowers that I actually made. Here are the silk roses I found on ebay, a package of 30 for just under 8 dollars. Not bad at all. They all have greenery and some baby's breath attatched so they make for some very pretty boutonnieres. I used floral tape around the stems and then bought some lavender ribbon. Now my bow-making skills are not up to par and I'll probably get some help tweaking that. But all in all, after watching a handful of tutorial videos on "How to Make a Boutonniere" on YouTube (haha) I found myself ready to get started. I had some help from a newfound friend of mine here in town. She was my official "flower holder" and "ribbon cutter" since she is not in the least convinced of her craft skills. I'll give it to her though, that bit helped! Anyway, I think maybe the ribbon is a little too wide, I might go out for some smaller ribbon. I'm not too sure yet. I guess we will see.
Anyway. I guess this is why I should post more often than I have. My youngest had his 3rd birthday on Sunday. So we had a party/father's day celebration at the house that kept me really busy. Not to mention the oldest got out of school last week and it was my first official adventure into the joys of "summer vacation"... And to think she just got out of Kindergarten. What am I going to do for the next 11 years?!?! Big sigh. I guess I'll find out soon enough! Have a great night, I'm off to dream of butterflies, and weddings, and children who don't know how to say "I'm bored" :-)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Very pretty!!
Glad you were able to find someone that could do such a wonderful job.
~Tiff

Anonymous said...

that's a gorgeous bouquet!

arlene,
University Place flowers

PhotoChick said...

I'm a faithful reader of your Mom's (unfortunately I'm not as good about commenting as I used to be...) But I just wanted to welcome you to the blogging community and tell you that your page is absolutely lovely! Purple is my absolute favorite color, and this being the first post I saw made the name of your blog even more perfect.

I think it's wonderful that you're documenting everything about your upcoming wedding... something I really wish I would have done! I'll get to re-live those wonderful memories through your blog :o)

I look forward to reading more, but don't feel bad if you don't see me commenting much. I've just been so busy lately that it's about all I can do to keep up with everyone's - and once in a while write something in mine! Ha!

Anyway, I really love your blog and I'm so glad you've joined us! Much love and God Bless,

Amanda ~ Photochick

Anonymous said...

I can not WAIT to be able to carry these in the wedding!! They really are gorgeous...of course, not as much as that dress is....It's gonna be a great day to see you in that!! Love you best friend!

JUST A MOM said...

very nice i love them oh ait it isnt' my weddign huh hahhhaha very pretty.