Tuesday, December 9, 2008

About My Break

I took a bit of a break blogging here lately. Been taking a break on everything really. Crafts, talking on the phone, being lazy about returning emails and all that. We've had alot going on here the past few weeks. Mainly my husband searching for a new job. He's a truck driver and until recently he's been working for a paving company in Richmond. Home every day, with the exception of a week long trip somewhere while they work. That work is great but in the winter is slows down alot, and knowing that he'd launched into a big search of a new job. He got a new one and today was his first day. We've been spending alot of time together the past couple weeks, because his new job is over the road. He left this morning and we're not sure when he'll be home again, maybe a few days but possibly a couple of weeks. The long and short of it, he'll be gone more than he is home. I'm excited for the opportunities is opens up for him, and I know how lucky I am to have a husband who will do anything for us to make sure we're taken care of. But a part of me is sad to see him go. I'll miss him alot, his goofy jokes and stupid smirks at me when he's picking on me. I'll miss hearing the choruses of "Daddy You're Home!" when he walks in the door from the kids. It could be worse and I always keep that in mind, and I know what he's doing enables me to be here with the kids instead of having to work and all that good stuff. It has alot of good points. But I sure am gonna miss him while he's gone....

No comments: