Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mini Blog Break

It's been about a week since I posted, and so much has been going on around here! I guess I needed a "mini-break" to have a fun holiday time with my family. I made Thanksgiving dinner for my parents and one of my brothers, and I must say I was very proud, it was pretty darn good! Here's my B-E-A-utiful turkey. Poor guy, stuffed and roasted but very delicious and brown! I was proud.



Mom&Dad came out, now of course I only have a picture of Mom because I can never really seem to get Dad on camera but here she is, smiling away. She got a bit of a break this year, usually it's her just cooking away with no stopping. She helped alot I must admit, but hopefully she got to take somewhat of a break this time around.

We also went "Black Friday" shopping... Now, a word to the wise. DON'T DO IT! DID YOU HEAR ME?! Okay, now that I'm done I will explain why. If you're like me, and enjoy this time of year, it can be not only dissapointing but exasperating. Now, we did get awesome deals and on the budget we're on, managed to get everything we wanted to fit within our budget. But I have to say. The Christmas Spirit was sucked right out of me about a half hour into this 3am ordeal. I want to get stuff for my kids, but all at the same time, I as well as everyone else knows that's not what this is all about, and to see so many people acting so hateful, it saddened me. I can't say I'm completely innocent, I shot a look to a woman trying to steal right out of my cart and told her to go "somewhere" for touching my stuff..... But to make me look better in this scenario my defense was that I was provoked. Hehehe. Needless to say we're done with the presents THANK GOODNESS and I will probably never do that again!

In other news I am still overwhelmingly behind on the baby blanket. I am thouroughly dissapointed in myself. I also had found an absolutely adorable ruffled hat pattern I wanted to make the baby, but I don't think I'll be able to get it done. I suck totally.

Hope everyone else had an amazing holiday weekend!!

1 comment:

Nan said...

At least ONE of the birds look good in your pictures! It not only looked good, it WAS good, you did a great job! I look as stuffed as that top bird though! Really, was I smiling that corny? Oh, wait, didn't you tell me to say "cheese" I'll bet that is what it was, really... no lie... oh come on, humor me!