Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crystal Light is My Enemy

*****Update*****
So I was reading up on my blogs, and if you'll remember I've been trying to win the "Don't You Hate It When" contest over on BlokThoughts for a couple of weeks now. I sadly have yet to win, but I thankfully, have a multitude of things that always seem to happen to me that I get to post about! So since the contest is tomorrow I'm updating yesterday's post to enter it in to the contest. The prize is coincidently a gift that My Uber-Talented Mother made for the contest. I probably won't be able to win because of the "connection" if you will, but let me just say -- I WANT THIS PURSE! Every time I'm over at her house I want to steal one of these but I don't, because she always has someone to sell them to, or give to, etc. And I know how HARD she works on them so I don't ask. Now is my chance to get it after all the years of admiration of one! Anywho, read away, and PLEASE vote for me if you like my story and I make it into the finalists!

So here's my "Don't You Hate It When..."


You'll have to excuse the crappy picture quality, my husband has our digital camera for the next week or so, he's on a trip to Texas for work and wanted to have it, just to take pictures of anything he finds interesting. Granted this puts a HUGE cramp into my blogging but, I digress. I'm trying to share. Anyway. If you'll notice, there actually IS improvement in my blanket progress. It is coming along slowly but surely.

You may be wondering why I hate Crystal Light. Let me explain. Thursday night I worked on the blanket. I fell asleep with it in my lap while watching a movie and so I went to bed, and placed it on the floor next to my bed, underneath my nightstand. Friday morning, at 7am, I hear my son is up so I'm getting ready to get out of bed, and I hear "it". I hear thud, splash, "Uh Oh... Moooommmmm", drip.. drip.. drip..


I'd had a glass of half full Crystal Light in the kitchen on the table from the night before. He had decided to bring it to me because I'd need a drink when I woke up. He was being so sweet, I know. But he set it on the nightstand, and then knocked it over. RED Crystal Light. Let's face it, the crap is like Kool-Aid when it comes to stains. It was all over my blanket, all over the yarn, and all over the carpet. Nooooooooo.........


After lots of elbow grease, a frantic Tide-Pen episode and phone call to my Mom, I managed to get it out. You can't even tell it was there. I am SO relieved. I was in tears thinking about the idea of starting over! But, luckily I won't have to.


I'm still never drinking Crystal Light again.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

SO GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO SAVE THE DAY AND HOW SWEET OF YOUR SON TO WORRY ABOUT HIS MOTHER.

Nan said...

I can just see it all unfold! So glad the stain came out, I know how hard you have worked on this project.

Susan said...

Visiting from Shelle's! Yikes, that red crystal light stains like nothing else!! I can't imagine. Good luck!

Goob said...

Thank heavens for stain removal tricks-crystal light is the worst! But what a nice boy to bring a drink for his mama.
I stopped by from BlokThoughts. Good luck!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

OH so sad! But you are a genius for figuring out how to get it out!

I'm so lazy I would not be working on a blanket anyway, but if i did, I would've just called it quits!

Way to be a trooper! :) lol!

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!! Red is the worst!
I found you through Shelle's site.
Great story!

Jessica
www.MomShots.com