Monday, November 17, 2008

All Work, No Play

I have been so busy the past couple of weeks, I don't know what to do with myself! I started a job as an assistant to a Wedding Planner about a month ago, and it's kept me busy. I love the fact that I'm at home doing my work, that is such a huge blessing to me. But it does keep my free time limited. I have a billion crafts I want to work on and haven't picked up my needles in probably 2 weeks. It sucks sometimes, but I like having a job. I got paid for the first time today. That's the first time I've made my own money in 6 years. It was really nice to feel like I was contributing financially. I know I contribute in a MILLION other ways here at home, but it was a nice change of pace.

Miss Priss keeps me so busy too with school volunteer stuff, dance class, and girl scouts. I never realized how much work it is to run around with them doing all their activities. I wouldn't change it for the world though. It's wonderful to see her doing things outside of school, getting brighter and more social every day. I love it. Both of them are getting so big, so fast, it's crazy to watch how UNlittle they are anymore!

I've been battling the blahs a bit too, I've kept so busy I feel like my relationships with my friends have started falling to the wayside. I'm trying to keep up but it feels like I'm treading water, and not swimming anywhere. I keep missing calls, and emails, and then take forever to return the favor. I know that in a sense I'm not doing anything "wrong" .... Anyone with a family knows you put them first, and almost all of my friends have families of their own, and I know they understand. I can't help but feel a little bit guilty sometimes though.

I guess it's a pretty boring post but that's all that's really been going on in our neck of the woods. Hope everyone's week got to a great start! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I never feel by the wayside with you! I know that within reason, you would drop whatever you are doing to take care of me!! I know that I can depend on you no matter what! So I don't feel neglected in the least. If anything I feel I am neglecting you. I know that you have some things that makes you really sad right now. And I don't feel like I am around enough to help you!! Hopefully things will be calming down soon. Love you!
Heather