Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday Returns

Last week on Thursday I posted a "Thankful Thursday" entry to my blog. [You may scroll down now if you did not read it, and partake in the wonderousness that is my writing... hehe] So here it is, Thursday again. Next week is Thanksgiving so I get to post five more things today, and five more next week.

Last week I posted about my family, my BFF and hetero life mate Heather, my ever so wonderfully amazing Mom, my silly pup and of course, coffee. Now those are the five obvious choices for me, I mean, duh. Of course they're some of the best because they were the first few to pop in my mind. Now, I have to warn you, the next few will probably be either insanely corny or reeeeeally hilarious. And that's just because, sometimes you have to look past the obvious and find other things you might not think of.

So without further adieu... here's my Thankful Thursday Five:

1. My best friend Sherry. She rocks my socks. I owe credit to her in many ways. Pulling me out of my shell while we were all in the abyss that is Alaska at the same time. Getting me interested in knitting. Blogging. She has a great family and is an AMAZING person. She always has something great to talk about, or a funny story to tell. No matter what my mood when I talk to her I always hang up the phone with a smile on my face.

2. Flowers. No specific kind or any sentimental story that goes with it. I always notice when there are pretty flowers around. I see those patches of wildflowers on the side of the road, or the potted ones on someones porch or window box when I pass their house. Anytime I pass them I always stop and smell them, and think about how pretty they are. I don't know why, but I always do.

3. My ex husband. Now before you think to yourself "Whaaaaaaaaat?" hear me out. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have my BEAUTIFUL children. I would never have met Heather. Or Sherry. And as crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't have Joe. The things I've dealt with because of him, or because of the decisions he's made sometimes were hard. Hurtful. Painful and miserable. But all that is behind me now. And instead of harboring hate, I'm thankful for him. Because I have such a wonderful life right now, and it's because I married him when I did. That was the start to the path of my life that brought me here. In all bad you have to find the good.

4. Matchbox Twenty. More so Rob Thomas. I love their music. And Rob Thomas is hot. I've thought so since I was 15 and liked the band they used to be in before they were who they are now. And even when their first CD came out, I thought the old fat guy on the cover was the lead singer, but I still LOVED their stuff. When I saw the hotness that was Rob I couldn't help but be even more thankful. I can relate to almost every song they've ever put out. They are my guilty obsession.

5. Planners. Yep, those spiral bound notebooks with calendars in them that you buy at WalMart. Or even the 3 ring binder type ones that they have. They are overpriced, but I have to have one. I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached and I am glad I have one. I need it for EVERYTHING from doctor's appointments to weekend activities... to chores! It's a blessing to have that planner on my desk!

So those are my 5 crazy, and [some] silly things that I'm thankful for this week. I didn't get much going from this last week... maybe I can get a little participation, hmm?

No comments: