Monday, November 10, 2008

It's That Time Again!

Here it is, Monday morning and we all know what that means! It's time for the weekly
Don't You Hate It When... contest over at Shelle's blog! I posted mine for the first time last week, which I thought was way fun. Even though I didn't win... *cough cough.... just kidding!* it was so much fun to read everyone's posts! So anyway, here is my weekly funny for all....

Back in September was my little princess' birthday. The big 6. We were already about 2 weeks into the school year, and since she's still in first grade, it's okay for me to come and visit. Especially bearing gifts, like cupcakes. We all know the affect of cupcakes on the wee ones. So anyway, her birthday was on a Monday, and the whole week before I procrastinated, and never got a note to the teacher asking if I could bring cupcakes. So Sunday night, here I am, baking feverishly, as directed, making chocolate cupcakes, with pink and purple icing. You know, black.. pink.. and purple because that's what Hannah Montana would want. *snort* So I'm making Miss Montana's cupcakes until 1 am. Thinking to myself the whole time "I should've asked, I swear I better be able to bring these to school..." you know, cussing at myself for being the master procrastinator.

I take my daughter to school Monday morning, a box of cupcakes in the backseat, hoping that it's alright they can have them. I go in with her and bring the box, and to my delight the teacher says how that is perfectly fine, and I can even come back in at 11 and help pass them out to celebrate. As she's telling me this she looks in the box and says "Oh no.... [insert child's name here] is allergic to chocolate. So I'm staring at her, blinking with a smile on my face screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" in my head. I keep smiling and tell her "No worries! I'll go get some more and make them and I'll be back by 11, not a problem, I should've asked, it's my fault I didn't know [anonymous child] couldn't eat chocolate". Off to the store I go.

I get home, I mix like the wind, because at this point I don't have much time and they're getting a box mix. I start lining my tins... I run out of liners. Could this get any worse? Keep reading, it does. So I run back to the store, am a total bee-otch to the cashier because I am NOT in the chit chat mood, it is T-Minus 45 minutes and counting until cupcake distribution. I rush home, fill them, bake them and ice these things as they're coming out of the oven. So, I get them ready. 20 perfect cupcakes. 18 for the kids and 2 for the teachers. Everyone's covered, and off I go to the school.

I drive like my grandpa used to, floating around the turns and dodging all bumps to arrive safely. As I get out I walk around the side of the car and pick up my tray, ever so carefully, and then... it happens. I hit the side of the door, and two of my beautiful... ever so precious and slightly cursed cupcakes go crashing to the asphalt. Not just on the ground, ICING SIDE DOWN. I stand there in disbelief, staring at the ones on the tray, and the two on the ground.... I wanted to cry.... But I dealt with it the most productive way I knew how. I picked those things up, swirled the icing around with my finger, put them back on the tray and off I went into the school. That's right.

5 comments:

Marie said...

EWW! I hope that there weren't too many asphalt rocks in there...twigs and dirt are just nature's fiber. Way to save the day!

What did you do with all the chocolate ones?

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL...OHMYGOSH...so gross! Luckily there is the 10 second rule? Right? Oh what a freakin morning right? We aren't allowed to bring homemade things to my kids school...totally sucks!

Tiffany said...

Oh no you did not! ROFL!!!!!!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

SOOOO sorry...I have your name up...go tell everyone to come back and vote for you! I'm such a DORK...so so sorry!

Kritta22 said...

that's funny!