Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Have A Stash!

Isn't it beautiful?! This is the first time I've ever gotten hand-dyed yarn, and I am so excited. I bought this color for the boys in my family, two sets of fingerless gloves, and two hats await this manly blue and black. I found it on eBay, of all places, and couldn' be more thrilled with it. 3 of this color, and 3 of another, all wool, for a total of $20 bucks! Now maybe that's not such a sweet deal, being I've never ordered or purchased hand dyed yarn before but I thought it was great! I am using this pattern I found on Ravelry, titled "Hand Like a Hole" for the fingerless gloves. I wanted to make some in the round, but I haven't learned yet, and being that I have all these projects, plus my baby blanket and washcloths for my friend (whose baby is due in 3 months... YIKES!) I am going to put it on hold. I am just so excited, I haven't really done this much with my needles in a long time, and it's been such a relaxing thing to do. So much has been going on here that I love getting the chance to sit back with a project and work. It's wonderful.


Here is the pretty pink and purple for my little girl, and I just might make something for myself with this too. I'm not sure yet. I've got a set of fingerless gloves, and a headband/earmuff for her. Now of course we can't have a hat, we don't want to mess up that hair! I've already finished the hand like a hole project for my little girl, and will post with pictures later. She loves them. "Rock Out Gloves" she called them. LOL! I'm so proud!



I've been working really hard on all my baby gifts too, and then I've got the kids' projects, my projects, and then I'd like to make a few other things as gifts for Christmas. Because I've never been one before now to buy alot of yarn, I had to go out a few weeks ago and get a basket to keep it all in! So now, I'm establishing a "stash" like other people so lovingly call it, especially like on Ravelry. I don't have anything listed on there, I love that place and yet never go, and now I get to update my stash... SEE??!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 months now, hon! About 65-70 days. :0 Yikes for me!!!
Love, Heather