Friday, November 21, 2008

And Here It Is!


The ever so ominous baby blanket. What's that, you say? It looks so much bigger than the same as last time I posted about it?! How dare you say such a thing! And what I really mean by that, is how dare you tell me the truth and not say to me "Oh Channon, look at the progress you're making on it!"

Okay so in all honesty, it is a bit bigger. A row and a half of pattern to be exact. I haven't even finished the first skein of yarn for this, and it calls for FOUR skeins. I told my hubby that I think since this is a "baby" blanket, it'll wind up not only being 2 skeins long but I'll make sure I say that it's a "crib blanket". Then I don't look like a total slacker to my bestest friend and her newborn daughter. Even though she reads my blog now and my cover is totally and completely blown.

So who else has any UFO's just sitting around, ominously staring you down every time you walk by? I hope it's not just me!

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL. I MADE MY FIRST KNITTED SCARF LAST WEEK. I MADE IT SMALLER AND GAVE IT TO MY NEICE HARLIE. I WANTED TO GET ON WITH LEARNING HOW TO KNIT SOMETHING ELSE.
SO DO THE BEST YOU CAN AND DON'T WORRY. THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF MAKING SOMETHING, YOU DO IT YOUR WAY, THAT MAKES IT SPECIAL.

Andrea said...

Beautiful blanket, love the pattern! I am working on a beautiful "toddler" size baby blanket in a medium blue, TLC Cotton Plus Yarn (love that stuff) in a ripple pattern. It takes 8-9 skeins, I am on skein 2. I try to add about an inch a day, in the morning after I finish the paper. There's a picture of my panda knitting on it at my blog andrea-needlenotes.blogspot.com. Good luck with the project (oh, yeah, I have a scarf, a pair of baby booties, and a pair of adult socks on needles too!)