Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thanksgiving Practice

The other day I started thinking. Thanksgiving is only about 3 weeks away, what are we going to do and what am I going to cook?! I called my Mom and got her famous Apple Pie Recipe. I've baked before, you know, bread, cakes, brownies, etc. But I've never wanted to, or thought I was capable, of tackling Mom's Apple Pie.

But I did... And here it is! I must say I was proud of myself. It tasted pretty daggone good. Only thing is my crust isn't nearly as purdy as hers... I have huge shoes to fill here, she does everything so perfectly it's hard to do it as good as Mom! But after making these the other day, I must say I am so very stoked about Thanksgiving. It's one of my favorite times of the year, and this year, is my first real family Thanksgiving at MY house. Moved away as an adult, I've cooked Thanksgiving dinner at my home, but for friends. I've been to my mom's house, I've been to relatives' homes, and brought food that I've cooked. But this year... I get to cook at MY house for MY family! I'm really excited, and I just can't wait for them to come. It's going to be so much fun.

If anyone has any awesome Thanksgiving recipes they want to share, please do! I have one that I'm going to post at a later date, if anyone likes Pumpkin and Cheesecake, that's the one for you! Have a great rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, my, God....
Please make a pie and send me one, I'd be forever in your debt, I swear! lol

Nan said...

You dingaling! LOL, my pies are never as good as Grandma G's!!! Well back when she used to make her own crust, she doesn't do that any more, man were those some humdingers! They look great, and I'm excited to come and have Thanksgiving with you!

Mom IsAmagpie said...

You said dag gone.
sniff sniff, I think I've lost you.